HYPOCRITE

miski

HYPOCRITE

Post by miski »

meinq8 tells us that the Arab Times (Kuwait) (not on line today) has a story that says Ms Phillips the poor, hard done by teacher is trying to get back to Kuwait to resume her position. Only five days ago she was persuading the world to boycott Kuwait. Boycott Ms Phillips I say- parents of Kuwait- refuse to pay your fees if she is reinstated!
jeffofarabia

Post by jeffofarabia »

maybe she was just trying to get out for summer vacation. we've all had trouble getting tickets.
aasoudesuka

Post by aasoudesuka »

I think it is very unreasonable to label Katherine Phillips as a hypocrite. Do you actually believe that this woman abused a student? All she did was assign him an in-school suspension. For this she was barred from leaving the country pending a criminal investigation? Outrageous. Naturally she wants to continue with her career -- why shouldn't she? The fact that she is willing to return to Kuwait should be taken as a great compliment to Kuwait, for it conveys the fact that she still has enough respect and faith in Kuwait to believe that her situation was exceptional and it is still a good place to live and work. Instead of insulting her, how about giving her the credit she deserves. I am really surprised to see her smeared here. What is your intention in calling her a hypocrite? What do you hope to accomplish with that kind of statement?
miski

Post by miski »

[quote="aasoudesuka"]I think it is very unreasonable to label Katherine Phillips as a hypocrite.

** Well what do you call someone who calls for everyone to resign from their jobs and then tries to get hers back?

Do you actually believe that this woman abused a student?

**Don't know-I wasn't there.

All she did was assign him an in-school suspension. For this she was barred from leaving the country pending a criminal investigation?

***Yes because as the law goes, if anyone puts a case against you you will have a travel ban until the case is cleared.

Outrageous.

***Perhaps. But that is the law that she knew existed in the cuntry she chose to live in for 6 years.

Naturally she wants to continue with her career -- why shouldn't she?

**Indeed.

The fact that she is willing to return to Kuwait should be taken as a great compliment to Kuwait, for it conveys the fact that she still has enough respect and faith in Kuwait to believe that her situation was exceptional and it is still a good place to live and work.

** No-Or else she still dreams of a tax free salary and a good teaching position that she may not get , for one reason or another, in any other place in the world. So the jury is open on that one.[/b]

Instead of insulting her, how about giving her the credit she deserves.

**I would give her more credit if she stuck to her principles and stayed out of Kuwait, as she was only recently telling others to do.

I am really surprised to see her smeared here. What is your intention in calling her a hypocrite? What do you hope to accomplish with that kind of statement?[/quote]

Open your nostrils. Wake up and smell the ghawa.
jaapolanco

Post by jaapolanco »

There is more to this story. I really find it hard to believe that it went that far. That said if we were in the US and tried to teach classes on Quran we would have a entire host of law suits piled up against us because....that's the law. She wasn't arrested. There was a case pending. Probably some kind of civil suit. I find it hard to believe that the PM and Amir were involved in this case. Kuwait officials have bigger more important issues than the in school suspension of an eleven year old.