Shipping

shadowjack

Re: Shipping

Post by shadowjack »

You might want to check just to make sure they will have the weight allowance to take it. Nothing obligates an airline to carry all your excess baggage - I called my airline and told them I was coming with 7 extra boxes and would that be a problem?

Good luck with your move!
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Fraisinette

Yes you need to contact the airlines (and not just the departing airline, but the airlines on any connecting flights/segments), an be sure to receive an update by email confirmation or a notation in your passenger record if they approve the excessive baggage request. If you have a complex travel itinerary you may find yourself with delayed baggage (which is usually good, as the carrier will deliver it to your residence by courier).

Some airlines offer a discount if you purchase baggage accommodation/allowance at the time of ticketing, but this is usually domestic and regional carriers, and seldom applies to "excess" baggage beyond the first one or two pieces.
adminpaul

Post by adminpaul »

You may find this article helpful in addition to what has already been posted.

http://www.internationalschoolsreview.c ... ipping.htm
notyouraverageturd

Post by notyouraverageturd »

I can second sea frieght as a good shipping option. A little more labor intensive, but cheap, if you don't mind the wait.