Looking Ahead: Rate the Fairs

mamava

Re: Looking Ahead: Rate the Fairs

Post by mamava »

PsyGuy, your response shows why you are so disliked. Saying "that's not a success story..." is not an appropriate comment and it comes off as belligerent. We needed to make the transition and CHOSE Saudi for a 2-3 year period, primarily because the money allowed us to meet college tuition payments for our son as well as gain the experience. Yes, we could have gotten that without a fair, but the fact was, we didn't. So we chose a job fair. We took this particular job rather than waiting for tentative offers from other schools. WE considered it a success in that we were able to gain the experience needed and move on and we were able to move forward with college tuition. We knew what we were going into, we knew why we were doing it, and we ended up pulling out of other interviews in order to fit our needs--and we're not huge risk-takers, so we selected the position that ticked our boxes. Since this current job allowed us to do all of that, yes, I do consider it a success.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@mamava

Im not interested in winning a popularity contest. I respect your position that you consider yourselves successful. I, myself, based on my criteria and factors do not share the same conclusion on what defines "success" in searching for an IS.