BCIS Meltdown

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@zhongguotong2003

Yes that is my opinion, and one thats true, since even if you arent an admin, and admin cheerleader is one who supports and admin position or claim.
I have a vested interest in IE, of which the mess at BCIS is part of. My vested interest stems from this being my profession.
They arent "misquotes" they are derivative forms of the bards intent and meaning.

@whoamI?

Its not a new law, there have always been various national and provincial (prefecture) laws and regulations. From a technical standpoint it makes little difference as the term "international school" is not controlled or regulated in China. Many private Chinese schools simply create international academies either within or attached or with associated international campuses.
It is a legal set of administrative rules that allows the government authorities to to essentially dictate and regulate admissions and student recruiting.
zhongguotong2003

Re: BCIS Meltdown

Post by zhongguotong2003 »

@PsyGuy, to say that your opinion is true, is a bit of an oxymoron. It's called an opinion for a reason. You are welcome to have any opinion that you want, I'm not going to take that away from you. But don't call it the truth. Facts are true. Opinions are conjecture.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@zhongguotong2003

That is not an accurate description of an oxymoron.
Its truth by definition. Ive operationally defined an admin cheerleader as anyone that presents or supports and admin position. Draw a circle, if your an admin your in the circle, if your not in the circle youre outside the circle, and the area outside the circle is categorized as admin cheerleaders. It is TRUE that you must be a member of one of those two groups since I have presented no other membership groups. So it is true youre an admin cheerleader, because you are not an admin.

What i have made is an assumption (that there are only two classes of membership), assumptions are not opinions.
Your rebuttal would be that I am entitled to my assumptions but they lack acceptance by consensus or majority stakeholders.
zhongguotong2003

Actually, my rebuttal would be that you are sad. You are the reason that I rarely join forums.
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

PsyGuy wrote:
> @zhongguotong2003
>
> That is not an accurate description of an oxymoron.
> Its truth by definition. Ive operationally defined an admin cheerleader as anyone
> that presents or supports and admin position. Draw a circle, if your an admin your
> in the circle, if your not in the circle youre outside the circle, and the area
> outside the circle is categorized as admin cheerleaders. It is TRUE that you must
> be a member of one of those two groups since I have presented no other membership
> groups. So it is true youre an admin cheerleader, because you are not an admin.
>
> What i have made is an assumption (that there are only two classes of membership),
> assumptions are not opinions.
> Your rebuttal would be that I am entitled to my assumptions but they lack acceptance
> by consensus or majority stakeholders.
----------------------------

Wow. Holy circular logic Batman!

I was always impressed with BCIS when we were in Beijing. I spent quite a bit of time on campus there and also had the opportunity to visit/observe at most of the int'l school campuses in town and BCIS compared very favorably (especially compared to anyone below ISB/WAB). The package alone put it above everyone but the top 2 and the in-town location offered something that even the big boys couldn't.

I wish them luck and hope things work out for the teachers and students in the future.
auntiesocial

Post by auntiesocial »

PsyGuy

"assumptions are not opinions"

Nor are assumptions necessarily true, by definition.

For example, I assume that you are illiterate, ignorant, pig-headed and mentally unbalanced. It doesn't necessary make it true, as I'm only working with the evidence I've collected from your posts. However, I suspect that you're simply a wind-up merchant, pretending to be a complete nut-job, as I find it hard to believe that your posts could actually be genuine.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Assumptions are by definition unprovable, though they may be true.

@wrldtrvlr123

Their location really is a significant benefit. Still that was then this is now.
Justhefacts

Post by Justhefacts »

Regards to Mr. L. Carroll, but this is getting curiouser and curiouser. So Shawn returns from a seemingly happy holiday in Vietnam, as appears on Facebook, to have a special meeting for Secondary staff. He announces, without much emotion, that he has not been terminated and has not resigned. His family decided it was best to leave. Perhaps there is a Chinese term, with which I am not familiar, that cannot be easily translated , that he is attempting to use to describe the situation. He certainly made a convincing appearance during his previous announcement that he was not happy with his situation. It may take some time before the truth is revealed. Still doesn’t look good for OSH.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Its a pretty common term, its called saving face.
zhongguotong2003

@ justthefacts

Give it a rest. You obviously have a bone to pick with the school. Is that information really worthy of a post? He was emotional the first time because he has been at the school for 3 years and had his first chance to lead a secondary school. He has time to go away and gather his emotions, and you cry conspiracy? Pathetic.