Aga Khan in Mombasa, Kenya

Climberman

Aga Khan in Mombasa, Kenya

Post by Climberman »

Does anyone have any real info about this company or specific school? They contacted me by email and would like an interview.

Thanks for any help.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Run, its a bottom third tier school educational service provider for locals. For profit and very corporate.
tck4life

Re: Aga Khan in Mombasa, Kenya

Post by tck4life »

"Those arent facts or reality they are YOUR perceptions and your opinions."
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Yes they are, there are very few facts when it comes to IE, many of them are trivial, and only valid for a transitory period of time. Most of what we know of as reality is our individual perceptions of it. You stand in one corner of a room and see one view, someone standing in the opposite corner sees a different view. You cant observe reality, no more than a camera can capture anything more than an image.
jessiejames

Post by jessiejames »

About 10% of the students are not local, yes, although it is not for profit. The facilities there are excellent.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@jessiejames

Its for profit, despite whatever their tax representations and paperwork claim. Its a very corporate run organization.
ezans

Post by ezans »

I work for Aga Khan in Nairobi. The kids are amazing here, but it is a tough job, most expats don't stay a year..This is my second year..even stayed after surviving being inside the Westgate attack...sometimes hanging by a thread...lack of resources and basic things not functioning..but Kenya is a magnificent country. I don't regret coming here. Kenya and Aga Khan have challenged me like no other place. Psych guy is off base about the proprietary nature of Aga Khan,,It is a difficult organization to understand..when you consider their ethos
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

No, Im pretty much on base in every way that matters, ethos is marketing when what you do isnt congruent with what you say you do. Theres nothing complicated about it at all. Its a for profit organization thats structured itself to take advantage of non-profit benefits.
ezans

Post by ezans »

psych man please do tell of your experiences with Aga Khan. When did you work for them? you must have considering your strong opinions and knowledge..otherwise...I don't know what you are basing your facts on..other than heresay
ezans

Post by ezans »

My advice working for Aga Khan..it again.. is a super tough job with a low salary. The admin side..which is a larger organization is a mess..if it is is AKDE or AGEN .but day to day life with these kids is amazing..they are so bright and inquisitive..there are no classroom management issues..the Kenyan coast is magnificent..but you know Nairobi and Mombassa have big security issues now..It certainly has been an a rough ride..I love having mostly Kenya co workers..and love this country.. and what I have learned from my Kenyan friends....