Beanstalk International Bilingual School

Cangguru

Beanstalk International Bilingual School

Post by Cangguru »

Does anyone have any updates about this school? I know that it had troubles in the past (bad reviews on paid site) and was taken over by a solid director a couple of years ago. A lot of positions are available, which could be due to growth or the need to revamp the staff. I understand that this is not considered a "tier 1" school right now, but it seems to have some solid people, as well as IB and WASC accreditation.
Any recent knowledge?
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Beanstalk International Bilingual School

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

I only know that they have recently expanded and moved into the campus that was formerly Kinstar. I don't know if they merged or just took over the school but they are definitely expanding and trying to increase their market share in the city.

When i was in Beijing a couple years ago BIBA didn't have a great reputation but it was more for being disorganized, taking anyone that applied, etc as opposed to not paying, not honoring contracts etc

I think as long as you would go in with your eyes open it could be an interesting opportunity.
Cangguru

Post by Cangguru »

Thank you for the info and input, but are you writing about BIBA, and not BIBS? BIBS seems like it has improved over the years but is still developing, and could be a good place to grow, if the salary is enough. Beijing seems to be surprisingly expensive! If anyone has any more firsthand knowledge, it would be much appreciated. Thanks to all you helpful people out there.
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

Cangguru wrote:
> Thank you for the info and input, but are you writing about BIBA, and not
> BIBS? BIBS seems like it has improved over the years but is still
> developing, and could be a good place to grow, if the salary is enough.
> Beijing seems to be surprisingly expensive! If anyone has any more
> firsthand knowledge, it would be much appreciated. Thanks to all you
> helpful people out there.
--------------------------------
Ouch. Seems that you are right, I was mixing up my four letter B schools. Still, everything holds true except for the Kinstar campus bit. I knew several teachers and parents of students of BEANSTALK when I taught in Beijing.
tck4life

Post by tck4life »

"Those arent facts or reality they are YOUR perceptions and your opinions."
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Is this what Deja Vu fells like?

Its a pretty widely shared opinion and perception, with not an insignificant amount of support. You have to accept the assumptions of the underlying metric and -. All knowledge claims have assumption just as all conclusions have premises.
over_here

Re: Comment

Post by over_here »

PsyGuy wrote:
> Poo is poo and bottom third tier schools still have a lot of work to get to
> the top of third tier, it still makes them third tier.
Yeah and there seem to be a lot of them in China!