TIE Online

kellysensei

TIE Online

Post by kellysensei »

I want to see lists of international jobs available. For now, it's just out of curiosity, since I think it'll be minimum two to three years before we're ready to go abroad. Is it worth it to get a subscription to TIE Online? Is there a different or better site with international job listings?
shadowjack

Re: TIE Online

Post by shadowjack »

Well, you can look at TIEonline. I belong to it, as well as Search. If you have more of a British background, you can look at teacherhorizons.com and see what you think. More schools on there tend to follow the Brit curriculum, which has a bit of a different thrust, shape, and philosophy than the North American curriculum.

Some people swear by joyjobs. Most people I know don't use it. Others swear by other sites. Again, most teachers I know don't use them. Some people do their own searches and build databases of schools in areas where they want to go. That takes time, though.

Good luck on your search!

shad
kellysensei

Re: TIE Online

Post by kellysensei »

I hadn't heard of Joyjobs before. Thanks! The more resources I know of, the better.
PsyGuy

Reponse

Post by PsyGuy »

I also would support TIE Online, and Im a subscriber, its about $30 for a year, much more reasonable than SA (Search Associates) or ISS (International School Service). What is it your looking for though. TIE will show you lists of jobs but if your only interested in WE schools your not going to find nearly as many as you would elsewhere.

I dont endorse horizon, if your looking for British vacancies TES is far better and its free to browse.

www.tes.co.uk/jobs/

I dont like joy jobs but yes some people love it.

If your going to do an exhaustive vacancy search for an area you have to assemble schools list yourself.