Great schools?!?!

Taurus

Great schools?!?!

Post by Taurus »

As part two to my previous post I was wondering if anyone can recommend any positive experiences. While I have been teaching ESL nationally and internationally for many years, I am newly certified to teach elementary and am looking to gain experience at an I.B school. Any recommendations?
beenthere

Post by beenthere »

My wife and I taught at Vientiane International School in Lao and had a wonderful experience. They have since changed directors and are on a course to implement IB in the next year or two so we are out of the loop but Vientiane is a great city to live in and the cultural experiences you can have are fantastic, I call them my National Geographic moments.
maxsaidno

Seoul Foreign School

Post by maxsaidno »

I worked at Seoul Foreign School for five years, and had a great experience. While Korea isn't the best country in Asia, the school is top-notch: they pay their teachers well, the facilities are world class, and more importantly, they treat their teachers as professionals.

Because this is a Christian school, a lot of people are turned off from it, but it is no way shape or form an evangelical school. It's worth checking out.
guestwriter

Seoul Foreign School

Post by guestwriter »

Seoul Foreign School is a very good school and they treat their teachers very well. Harlan Lyso is a class act and is honest and professional.
He has always been the standard I have held other international directors to and no one has come close to his leadership and integrity.

The school is not without challenges and it can be dificult living on campus and in Seoul, but the teaching conditions are excellent.