Mexico City

tomgreen_84

Mexico City

Post by tomgreen_84 »

Does anyone know anything about schools in Mexico City? I was reading reviews on Westhill and it sounds like hell, but most of the reviews were 5 years old or more, but admin had left mid year, most teachers were leaving mid year....It is suppose to be a IB school and be reputable...but I am wondering now...

Also the same with the ASF Mexico City was also pretty awful sounding...any help would be appreciated before I butcher my career.
chilagringa

Re: Mexico City

Post by chilagringa »

I know a lot of people at ASF. All say good things. I would love to work there.

I wouldn't work at Westhill. I worked at a school with pretty badly behaved kids, and many of them had left Westhill because the behaviour was so bad. Hmm.

Lots of better choices in DF.
Alexandru

Post by Alexandru »

I have friends who work at ASF and Greengates in Mexico City. Those are the two best schools. Both of them have good compensation packages. ASF is in the center of the city, which is great. Greengates has more of an international flavor in terms of student population, but it's pretty far out of the city. I love Mexico City and would like to live there, but I wouldn't settle for any other schools there. Let me know if you need any more information.
tomgreen_84

Post by tomgreen_84 »

do you know if Green Gates is decent to work for?
Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Mexico City is an amazing city. Lots to offer, culturally.

I know people who work at ASF and they love it. I have been to the campus for a conference and I thought it was an impressive facility. I hear the compensation is quite good for the Western hemishere too.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

The DOS assisted schools (embassy schools) are always upper tier and the best experience your going to find.