Rome and Milan - any advice??

teacher2007

Rome and Milan - any advice??

Post by teacher2007 »

I would really love to hear from teachers who have taught in any schools in milan or rome. I deperately want to avoid the bad ones!!!
intlguest

Post by intlguest »

I have taught in 2 international schools in Italy (one of them I would avoid at all costs - a school in Pisa, and the other one I would recommend - AIS Genoa), but I have not taught at a school in Milan or Rome. However I have friends that have worked at schools there. I have a friend who works at Ambrit in Rome, and she seems happy there. I have heard nothing but good things about ISM (International School of Milan). I have met some of the teachers while at IBO workshops, and would actually like to work there one day myself down the road! I have visited ASM (American School of Milan) and they had some interesting (positive) things going on there. The lower school of ASM is multi-age classrooms. The International School in Turin is also good from what I know. I had a friend who worked there, and I know some of the other faculty there. All the lower school faculty I have met from IST are wonderful, and my friend enjoyed working there, but she missed the States and returned back home. And also Turin is really a lovely city. I was surprised when I visited it! Hope this helps some.
venice

Post by venice »

I have taught in Milan and would say that whilst it is a friendly city, it's not particularly attractive. The housing that the international school finds for its teachers is pretty awful. The students are lovely, a real delight to teach. The school...all that glitters is not gold!