Teaching Overseas with Hep C

Westeach

Teaching Overseas with Hep C

Post by Westeach »

Im curious can a teacher who has hepatitis C be employd as an educator in international schools? If so does anyone know of which countries allow this to happen?
klooste

Re: Teaching Overseas with Hep C

Post by klooste »

I think China would be ruled out; most (if not all) employers in China require a physical examination, with Hep C being written beside a small square which denotes whether you have it or not.
Westeach

Post by Westeach »

thanks Klooste... Im still looking into finding countries that allow teachers into their countries....
nikkor

Post by nikkor »

I suggest looking into work permit reqs for each country you are interested in. I think that's the bottom line. Western Europe might be less restrictive about that type of thing.
National

Post by National »

The only place that I've heard of where it is a problem is China. Even then, I know someone who had Hep C and still worked there -- the school pulled some strings and got them in. I've worked in three different countries and none of them had Hep C restrictions, so there are plenty of options out there.
Westeach

Post by Westeach »

thanks...Had my first overseas job all lined up in Kuwait and then diagnosed during the visa process and embassy told me working was a no go.... depressed to say the least... still looking for a country to teach in late in the ball game...but hope to find something