Chengdu, China Schools

PacificSurf313-Kinder

Chengdu, China Schools

Post by PacificSurf313-Kinder »

Hi Everyone,

I hope everything is well as we make the final push towards the close of the 2013-14 school year.

I was just wondering if anyone had information about Chengdu, China and more specifically Leman IS and Golden Apple Schools.

According to Search the salaries seem pretty close to the same (about 45-50K after tax) with Golden Apple being IB and Leman offering more holidays and larger living allowance.

I can pretty much assume this salary would be more than enough to live and save (substantially) but was wondering
about working conditions, Chengdu living, etc.

Thanks!
az0116

Re: Chengdu, China Schools

Post by az0116 »

Hi, sorry I'm not an experienced teacher, so I can't answer the part about work environment.

As for Chengdu, I can give you a warning. It's in the west of China, located closer to all the spectacular scenes, such as Jiuzhaigou, Tibet, etc. But the city is geographically in a basin, which means polluted air has trouble moving out, unlike Shanghai, which while polluted, has winds blowing its pollution away (to Los Angeles haha). Anyways, just my two cents.
PacificSurf313-Kinder

Post by PacificSurf313-Kinder »

Thanks AZ. I appreciate your insight into Chengdu :)

Have a great week!
skonamaj1

Post by skonamaj1 »

After tax? That is about 300,000 RMB per year or about 25K RMB per month.That is a ton of money for Chengdu dude. I make about 28K after taxes and it is way more than I can spend.