Employment Visa to Saudi Arabia

MidTMike

Employment Visa to Saudi Arabia

Post by MidTMike »

I got a job offer from a school I am very excited about in Saudi Arabia. However, I am not getting anywhere on the Employment Visa process.

I have all my documents: transcripts, police clearance, diplomas, etc. I also called the suggested visa service in DC to send the documents. I am getting mixed messages from the school and the agency of what is required.

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the best way to get the Employment Visa process over and done with? One service they suggested I use is out of business. That worries me just a bit. ;)

Help! ;)
twimih

Re: Employment Visa to Saudi Arabia

Post by twimih »

Congratulations on your job! And welcome to your first taste of how things work in Saudi Arabia!

What you're describing is not at all unusual. For now go with what the agency tells you. They're the ones who will be working directly with the Saudis in DC and will hear the latest requirements. The school will take over with their part once you arrive there. (It's a long process that starts before you come and continues after you arrive.) In the meantime, check the Saudi embassy website for what they say is required, and if anything the agency says seems off to you, question it. Don't be shy. My experience was the agency was more demanding about requirements than the embassy was, for no clear reason. Then be mentally ready for things to not work out, for preparing documents over again, and for having the agency on speed dial. Once they've turned the documents in to the authorities in Washington it goes quickly. It will suddenly be over and you'll wonder what the fuss was about. Good luck!
ready2go

Re: Employment Visa to Saudi Arabia

Post by ready2go »

My process was anything but smooth, but it worked out in the end. My school was pretty on top of things and it still didn't get done until June. Feel free to PM me for specifics. Riyadh'a an interesting place and an adventure for sure. A lot of what people tell you is either exaggerated, or just wrong. Yes it's hot, yes it's desert, yes things are different, but it's livable, there are plenty of things to do if your interested and the people are great if you give them a chance. Come with an open mind and you'll get a lot out of it.
Good luck with the Visa process