Best in Africa

runningsloth

Best in Africa

Post by runningsloth »

Just curious as to what are considered the "top" schools in Africa? Based on salary/benefits, cost of living, safety, etc.
somuchtosee

Re: Best in Africa

Post by somuchtosee »

Luanda IS in Angola has good pay and conditions and by all accounts is a decent place to work, though I haven't worked there myself. Also the International Community School in Addis Ababa might be worth a look, as well as JIS in Johannesburg. Harare IS still has a good reputation, despite the difficulties in that country. There are a number of international schools in Nairobi and Mombasa. I understand, from talking to people who work there, that the Mombasa Braeburn is not well-paid but some Braeburn schools are better. IST in Dar es Salaam also has some happy workers. These are names gathered through several years of conversations with teachers in the area, so I can't give you facts and figures, just an idea of where to start looking, sorry.
josephine

Post by josephine »

Check Lincoln Community School in Accra, have heard good things
speedracer

Post by speedracer »

I never worked there, but another school in the country.

I would recommend International School of Uganda. Back when I was in the country (2005-2007) it looked like a great place to work.

Also International School of Kenya seems like a great place as well (went on a Model UN trip to the school)
washisan

Post by washisan »

Rabat American school is a very nice school with a good package.
asjwr19

Post by asjwr19 »

Any word on the American International School of Mozambique?
shadylane

Post by shadylane »

UWC Southern Africa?