Provisional License

bendetwile2

Provisional License

Post by bendetwile2 »

I graduated with a degree in Marketing. I am currently working at a high school in China and would like to teach at an international school this August. Currently, I just finished the TeacherReady program. I have not yet taken the exams and will not be able to take them until November. Will a provisional license be sufficient enough for an international school in the first year? Will the government be able to issue a visa with a provisional license?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Ben
fine dude

Re: Provisional License

Post by fine dude »

Depends where you want to work at; in some countries (Singapore and some Western European ones), the schools and the respective ministries of education can have firm regulations and require teachers with a full five-year professional licenses. Others could be more accommodating.

It also depends on what subject area you teach. Better check with the HR departments at the schools that you are aiming at.
Tier 2 schools in south-east and east asia are worth looking at.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Some places it will matter, others it won't. You are leaving it late in the season to start looking. Perhaps check out Vietnam or Thailand or Myanmar (Burma)?

fine dude - how is the plan working out? Did you land anything? Good luck if you didn't, congrats if you did!
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

Thanks for asking, shadowjack. Accepted a solid job offer from an established school last November.