Ruamrudee International School, Bangkok, Any updated info?

PsychBean

Ruamrudee International School, Bangkok, Any updated info?

Post by PsychBean »

Hello All,

Wanted some new information about this school. On paid portion of the site reviews were a bit mixed but slightly on the negative side. I have interviewed with Sue in the past and found her to be a lovely lady. How is the school and what's going on over there now? How is environment for workers on staff (paid portion of site not so good). How is living accommodations? What are the working hours? Is there a good work life balance? Will expat kids fit in well? How is transportation to school?
PsychBean

Re: Ruamrudee International School, Bangkok, Any updated inf

Post by PsychBean »

Bump - Any info on this school. Also how do the taxes work? Do you get any of it back once you leave the country? How is housing? What are the working hours? How are the benes?
HoraceMann

Post by HoraceMann »

Hello all,

I am also interested in any information that anyone has regarding this school. Your assistance would he greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
HM
Mr.C4ke

Post by Mr.C4ke »

Can't give any info on the school but can tell you that taxes are not refunded after you leave the country. Although most contracts would end in June, with the tax year beginning in January, so there would have to be some reduction made during the last 6 tax months of a contract.

Rates have just been lowered but look to still pay around 20%
matts1w

Post by matts1w »

I cannot give you the ins and outs of the package, but I have some friends there. What you read on the pay side is still accurate. There are definitely some downsides to RIS, but you could do worse too. It is not anywhere close to being an ISB or NIST. I think it would be an ok first posting to do 2 or 3 years, keep your head low, enjoy Bangkok when you can, and then look to move on and up.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Thank you Matts. I wonder how the taxes will impact savings??