INSTITUTO ALBERTO EINSTEIN in Panama, any info?

PsychBean

INSTITUTO ALBERTO EINSTEIN in Panama, any info?

Post by PsychBean »

Hello all,

Does anyone have any information about this school? Working there living in the area... Any info will be appreciated.

Thank you.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Any info?.....
RandyBush

Post by RandyBush »

Hi PsychBean,

I lived in worked in Panama City for three years with my family.

Albert Einstein is a Jewish school although many non-Jews go there. I know nothing more than that, and I actually even question that information about the school. I just never heard much about that school. I would think it is pretty small compared to the other private schools there.

I saw the below post on another thread and wanted to comment: "Psychbean,

I have not lived in Panama City, but I did just have a 1st and 2nd interview (an got an offer) with a school there at the AASSA fair this year. I had a lot of questions about life there, as you can imagine and I will be taking my dog with me wherever I go next year. (I accepted a position in Mexico)

This was what I learned (totally based on my questions and what is important to me, lifestyle-wise):

1) it's not a walking city -you simply must have a car there and public transport is not recommended (safety and efficiency)

2) because it is not an agricultural country, produce generally is imported. Hence, no veggie/fruit stands all through the neighborhoods.

3) most folks in the city live in highrise apartments (awful for me with a dog) and it is not a city of parks

4) more green space in the suburbs (that's where the principal I interviewed with lives) but then it's more isolated (not great for me as a single person)

5) with a car, you have easy access to incredible natural places in Panama, beaches, jungles, etc. People I spoke to compared the city to Miami, but raved about the beautiful countryside within a few hours drive. "

1. correct about walking although there is a great and large park (Parque Omar) near the city center. great for walking. It is in the neighborhood San Francisco. Some of the outer neighborhoods are very walkable and quiet. I went walking as a family daily with a stroller.

2. Fruit and veggies are abundant and many come from the agricultural region of Cerro Punta. For $10 my family would have a trunk full of veggies and fruit from the local market. There was also mini fruit stands all over the place.

3. True for the most part but you could live in Casco Viejo (colonial part) or out near the - if you want to avoid the city and high rises. High rise rentals are easy to find but there are some real gems to be had in Panama City.

4. We loved near the - in a quiet walkable neighborhood 10 minutes drive from the bars and restaurants in Casco Viejo.

5. Correct.

6. Panama can be done very much on the cheap if you are looking to save money.
schoolcounselor

Post by schoolcounselor »

Randy - Thank you for re-posting my comments -I am so glad you were able to give a first hand report to round out the info for Bean! Interesting what the principal reported to me vs. your experience. Good to know from a teacher on the ground that it's more liveable than I realized, but still happy with my choice and the offer I did accept in Mexico. I look forward to visiting Panama someday :-)
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Thank you for your reply, however I would like to get more info on the school in particular if there is any information out there. If not thank you anyway.