Applying Directly to Schools for a newbie

Westeach

Applying Directly to Schools for a newbie

Post by Westeach »

I have jumped into the foray rather late, but will give it a shot to find a job internationally for 2014-2015. My credentials are special ed. certified k-12 and have worked one and a half years in the US as a special ed teacher. My job requires me to co-teach inclusive Language Arts and Math classes in 6th grade. I added on a certification for middle school Language arts at the end of my first year of teaching. On my applications that Im going to fill out can I state that Im teaching Language Arts and Math if I'm not the teacher of record but I do co teach every day within the classroom? By the end of April I hope to have become certified in Middle School Social Studies as well. Im not going to join Search or any other organization as it is so late and am not going to attend any fairs. What are the best countries or regions that I may have a shot in and is my only shot as a special education teacher or do i have any cahnce at teaching Language Arts? I realy would like to teach in SE asia but I'm still looking to save at least 12-15,000 usd after my first year of teaching internationally.
adminpaul

Post by adminpaul »

Here's an ISR Blog you may find helpful for emailing schools direclty

http://internationalschoolsreviewdiscus ... directors/