The holiday season

overseasvet2

The holiday season

Post by overseasvet2 »

What is the likelihood schools will continue to post over the next few weeks? I am trying to decide if I should take my computer on vacation. Am I right to presume if I have not heard from a school by now it is unlikely until at least the first week of January?
counselme

Local computers

Post by counselme »

I am not sure about when the schools or even if they post over the holidays. But, I thought I'd respond to the travelling with a computer part of your question. I'd check your memberships or emails over the holidays to see what comes up, but I wouldn't take a personal computer since they are so readily available and you want to feel free of technology and relax :). Plus, the computer is valuable and a worry, I find, when I am travelling. You may have already done this, but I have a copy of my resume and scanned copies of my teaching credentials and recommendations in a Hotmail folder, so I can access that on a public computer if something should come up.
Wish you good luck :)
Nomads

Post by Nomads »

overseasvet,

Some schools will post vacancies over the next two weeks. Some schools have held off posting because they have given people extensions or made some internal transfers.

Some admin will do interviews during the next few weeks in advance of the fairs.

You should bring your computer.
Briz

Post by Briz »

Hopefully you can use google drive or dropbox. This eliminates the need to bring a laptop if you wish to apply. It is always best to back important documents up anyway. I travel with just a tablet (iPad) unless I will need to download movies etc. computerlabs are everywhere, you can always go send off a document via that route if you see something posted.
Briz

Post by Briz »

Hopefully you can use google drive or dropbox. This eliminates the need to bring a laptop if you wish to apply. It is always best to back important documents up anyway. I travel with just a tablet (iPad) unless I will need to download movies etc. computerlabs are everywhere, you can always go send off a document via that route if you see something posted.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Take your iPad. With Documents and Dropbox, you can do your business, Pages lets you modify and send documents, and you can check your email - plus, read those thousands of downloaded books on the beach!
schoolcounselor

Post by schoolcounselor »

Shadow gives good advice! And the Skype app on the ipad works great!
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Shadow gives great advice. I don't have pages on ipad though. Wishing I brought a computer just to have full editing rights to docs!

Ah well...such is life. The holidays are almost over and that is when the real fun begins and offers start flying.