Has anyone ever had a very bad interview?

dolphin

Has anyone ever had a very bad interview?

Post by dolphin »

I had an interview recently where the principal got angry when I told her my current salary. Her response was that at her school it would be a lot less and why on Earth would any school pay me that much. She then asked me what other perks I have and I told her private health insurance and housing. She responded with a very loud scream, and continued a diatribe that no school in world offers such a package and that she did not like speaking to liars. :shock: She hung up on me. The interview, of course, finished.

It was a very discouraging interview, to say the least.
escapeartist

Post by escapeartist »

Bad interview, great story.

I haven't had anything like that, but I did once interview with a very egotistical man in a large noisy room. He would ask a question and then look around the room, clearly not paying attention to my answers. I began giving him really dumb answers. The interview peaked when he asked me if I could provide a metaphor for how I differentiate...

When I stood up to leave, he said that I would likely return to my home city and tell my friends about the douchebag from ___________ that interviewed me. I nodded in agreement, did not shake his hand, and left.
escapeartist

Post by escapeartist »

nikkor

Re: Has anyone ever had a very bad interview?

Post by nikkor »

Oh come on, at least give us a hint... Who was it?
EUExplorer

My guess

Post by EUExplorer »

Escapeartist- My guess would be Phil Joslin in Argentina. That guy is an absolute buffoon.
PsychBean

Re: Has anyone ever had a very bad interview?

Post by PsychBean »

[quote="dolphin"]I had an interview recently where the principal got angry when I told her my current salary. Her response was that at her school it would be a lot less and why on Earth would any school pay me that much. She then asked me what other perks I have and I told her private health insurance and housing. She responded with a very loud scream, and continued a diatribe that no school in world offers such a package and that she did not like speaking to liars. :shock: She hung up on me. The interview, of course, finished.

It was a very discouraging interview, to say the least.[/quote]

Just wow!

Escaleartist very funny.

I had an interview once where the lady was clearly not interested in me from the onset. She told me about school didn't ask me one question about myself and after 5 minutes said ...do you have any questions? I sure don't that was that and we never heard from each other again. I will never apply there again.