Search and ISS

newchapter

Search and ISS

Post by newchapter »

After researching and reading this blog I registered with Search which, I think, represents a lot more schools than ISS. But, was just wondering if there are any good schools not represented by Search that I should maybe shoot a resume to?

Would love to hear from the experienced people out there.

Thanks.
Nomads

Post by Nomads »

Most of the top schools actually belong to both agencies. The best way to determine if there is a difference is to look at the schools which have registered for the respective fairs. The list is on the companies website under fair information.
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Thanks, Nomads.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Also join Tieonline

they have a 10 dollar off deal - ends today I think.

Code ISE2013 for the 10 bucks off.
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Thanks, Shadowjack. I was wondering about TIE online and not sure whether or not to join. I'm registered with Search Associates so would TIE online be beneficial, too?
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Search has a great database for teaching candidates. TIEonline has a good database, but not the information that Search has. What TIEonline offers is jobs from schools that might not be Search schools, but which are still ok (and some not so ok LOL).

I used Search (currently I am inactive with them), TIEonline (still a member) and InternationalSchoolsReview (still a member) to find schools/jobs and infor about them.

Hope this helps!
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Thanks, Shadowjack. I just signed up with TIE online. I figured it couldn't hurt. I don't like it as much as Search...the print is small and the site is hard to follow but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

As I've said before I'm just gathering as much information as I can and waiting for the job fair in Cambridge in January.

It's so funny how when people find out I'm doing this they all have their opinions of where I should go...they don't understand that I can't just 'go'...I have to get an offer to teach! lol
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

When you go, shoot for schools that you find interesting - but don't be afraid to consider places "off the beaten track". I never thought in a million years we would end up where we are (which shall remain nameless), but we are quite enjoying it!
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Hello Shadow,

Last year I joined everything. This year only SEARCH since I received the most positive feed back from them. I later joined Tie again when they had the sale. Now just browsing through ISS and I notice there are a few schools not advertised on SEARCH. I am wondering if I should join just to make sure I cover all bases. Also their fairs are gratis :lol: That is always a good thing. Just wondering.
Briz

Post by Briz »

I firmly believe in search for the database. But do not see any sense in joining both unless you are going to the fairs. To me that is what I am getting out of my money. I joined ISS because I was already going to be in Bangkok early for the fair, and several of the schools I want to talk to will be at both. The ISS fair has A LOT less candidates and thus it gives me a better chance of getting interviews and presenting myself outside of the hustle and bustle of the search fair.

Just my perspective.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

I was considering going to the BKK ISS fair I will be fairly near by. Still deciding...