International School Nido de Aguilas Information Please

PsychBean

International School Nido de Aguilas Information Please

Post by PsychBean »

Hello All,

Does anyone have any first hand experience about this school? What it is like to work here with a dependent middle school aged child. Is it safe? How is the cost of living? What is the work life balance? How long or short is the school day? How are the living accommodations?

Thank you.
justlooking

Post by justlooking »

I don't have first hand experience, but a friend with kids who worked there said they had to leave because of the pollution. He liked the school and Chile in every other way though.
justlooking

Post by justlooking »

I don't have first hand experience, but a friend with kids who worked there said they had to leave because of the pollution. He liked the school and Chile in every other way though.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Thank you just looking. That is useful information.
happyteacher

Post by happyteacher »

Nido has got a great package and lifestyle balance. Santiago is safe and there is much to do. Some people live up in the mountains and get to hike, ski, rock climb all weekend long, other folks live in providencia and el golf, who do more of the "going out" thing.

The school is going through some big transitions now: Don Bergman is leaving as director after 12 years, so is the HS principal and VP. There are a large group of teachers who've been there for quite some time, and some are moving on, fearing what is coming. Others are feeling really excited about the change and are ready for the shake-up.

The school doesn't demand too much from its teachers, and most people live very balanced lives. That-being-said, they're still not used to having large groups of new teachers, and don't have so many procedures in place to help them get settled at the school.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Thank you for the feedback.
schoolcounselor

Post by schoolcounselor »

Their table had the longest line (length and duration) at the AASSA fair last week! My feeling was it is a highly competitive school to be hired because they are good.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Thank you happyteacher. I see that they are filling the positions quickly as the number on search has diminished..... Dr. B must be hiring many candidates at AASSA....
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Any info on housing and area? Or living in Santiago now?