Search Associates application help

Lastname_Z

Search Associates application help

Post by Lastname_Z »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get into the Search fairs in Toronto and Bethesda. I'm a newly-certified teacher in History, English, and Spec Ed.

I'm doing the application and I was wondering if anyone is willing to give any advice about what to write in the Bio. What kind of information should I put in the biography section? What type of information would stand out to recruiters?

Should I focus more on specific life events or what skills I can offer independent of my certifications?

Thanks
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

Your SA rep should be able to advise you. My take is that the recruiters don't have time to read a long bio, so keep it short and to the point.
ChoirGuy

Post by ChoirGuy »

Sorry for hijacking, but also have a question about SA...

I may be applying for the BKK fair in January and will be re-activating with my Associate. He has asked if my wife will be re-activating as well. Problem we have is that my wife has teaching experience but no certificate. Is it worth it for her to re-activate or should I simply mention her experience in any correspondence/interview I may receive?

I have experience (14 years/ with 10 IB) and 2 school-age children. I'm sure my wife would be an asset, but not sure how recruiters would look at a "non-qualified" teacher. (Her only qualification is from her home country and is (in my mind) the equivalent of a CELTA for Mandarin).