Question for a recruiter

Smurf

Question for a recruiter

Post by Smurf »

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I wondered how recruiters would feel about being contacted via LinkedIn?

I have a specific upper tier school that I am interested in because of personal reasons.

Do you think it would be wise to contact the admin directly via LinkedIn or to go through mutual connections to the admin?

Thanks.

Smurf
Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Anyone?
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

I would rather use mutual connections to contact the admin. As some posters said in the past, use your contacts at the desired school to pass on hard copies of your CV.

Having said that, if you have solid certifications coupled with ample IB/AP experience, you can directly contact them on Linked in giving a convincing reason why you would be a great addition to their school.
albert49

Post by albert49 »

I'm not a fan of "cold-calls" on Linkedin from people I don't know personally.
sid

Post by sid »

I don't see it helping or hurting. It's just one more way to send in your application.
Of course, don't kid yourself that it will actually be a personal connection. Try that in my school, and you'll get a form response that your details have been forwarded to the appropriate ., and that you'll be contacted only if the school is interested in pursuing your application.
Some schools have rules about how to apply, usually to keep their process manageable (for them, not you) and fair. Check their websites carefully and take them seriously. No point annoying the people you're asking for a job.
lightstays

Post by lightstays »

Linkedin exists specifically so you can network in your chosen field. If a recruiter does not want to be reached out to on Linkedin they shouldn't be there. Most Associates have a robust Linkedin presence. Go for it.