The Path to Justice

John

The Path to Justice

Post by John »

I would like to discuss formal and informal methods of taking action against rogue international schools. I want ideas please.

For example, when I realised my school was morally corrupt I made sure I collected all the emails of staff members and the parent association. I also purchased a web address worded closely to the school's.

When they sacked me while on sick leave I contacted all the parents and told them about everything that had occurred. I am still working on the webpage and will do all I can to direct traffic to my web page in order to inform others of the moral failings of my former school. The internet is a beautiful thing.

Let's hear 'em!
gogogo

Re: The Path to Justice

Post by gogogo »

Another good beginning would be to name the school here, so that we aren't suckered into taking jobs there!
John wrote:I would like to discuss formal and informal methods of taking action against rogue international schools. I want ideas please.

For example, when I realised my school was morally corrupt I made sure I collected all the emails of staff members and the parent association. I also purchased a web address worded closely to the school's.

When they sacked me while on sick leave I contacted all the parents and told them about everything that had occurred. I am still working on the webpage and will do all I can to direct traffic to my web page in order to inform others of the moral failings of my former school. The internet is a beautiful thing.

Let's hear 'em!
John

Post by John »

At the moment I cannot be connected to the school. If you are going to China, check the reviews.
cameron

school to avoid

Post by cameron »

I am not a teacher, but I study and live in Maracaibo, Venezuela and am friends with many of the teachers that teach at Escuela Bella Vista here in Maracaibo. Several of my friends have had negative experiences with the school breaking contracts or firing teachers with very little and unsatisfactory explanations. They cheat people out of severance pay, and even regular pay. Every year teachers leave this post in disgust at the way they are treated by the wealthy families who own and are on the board of this school and by the spineless administration who won't stand up for the teachers. If you hold a student accountable for work and they get mad at you and daddy happens to be a board member or related to one, watch out. They will go to the board and you will be sacked for "unprofessional conduct" or some such nonesense. The first time it happened to one of my friends, I started to think that maybe all the stories of the teachers before that left mad and cheated, were true. The second time I knew the rumors where true and the third time I was convinced. Let this be your warning- if you don't mind being promised one thing and given another, or board members who will refuse to acknowledge your complaints or rights and administration that will not back you up then come on over to Escuela Bella Vista. Also it is not safe in this country anymore and the school does nothing to protect the teachers. Last year a man and wife teaching couple got beat up and almost kidnapped while riding in a taxi here. The had knives held to their throats and were dropped off in a bario so dangerous the cops won't even enter it. This was 3 months before school was out and they left in fear for their lives they were not even payed for the last month they worked nor any of their summer pay which they had aready earned. They fought for their rights but eventually gave up and left. It breaks my heart, most of these teachers are lovely people who deserve to be treated better.
Informed

Know Your Stuff

Post by Informed »

Always know the local labor lawsof the country you are working in...it came in handy for me in a big way once upon a time!!

Report the school to all of the recruiting agencies, particularly the agency you were (if) recruited from. One school I worked at was banned from recruiting at the UNI fair because of several teacher complaints.

Lastly, always remember that any teacher or administrator can have their license or certification revoked in the United States based on unethical behavior...check out your (or theirs) State's ed website.