Summer work opportunities for teachers?

Open Communication

Summer work opportunities for teachers?

Post by Open Communication »

edited.
Last edited by Open Communication on Thu May 30, 2013 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dawson

Post by Dawson »

It's been many years since I've heard about it, but there is a summer camp in Maine (USA) called "Seeds of Peace". It hosts teenage Israelis and Palestinians every summer. The purpose is to let them interact and get to know each other without all the political/religious rhetoric. It was started by a prominent news anchor in the US. Anyway, I love the mission of the camp and think it would be wonderful to work there over the summer. I've never applied or anything though and I don't know the exact time frame, but I think it would match up well with most international schools.
indogal

Post by indogal »

If you are interested in spending your summer in the US, I know Johns Hopkins has a program that they offer for gifted and talented youth and they are sometimes looking for instructors. They offer two session over the summer. Here is the link to their website:
http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

A friend from my years on the reservation used to spend summers teaching for Upward Bound, which helps students from low income homes prepare for college. They have programs throughout the U.S.
teachit

Post by teachit »

Joyjobs tends to be the best place to go to find summer employment as a teacher. It is a site you must pay for though. I worked at a summer school in Korea for a month and made $3000 which included accomodation and a transportation allowance. I found the post on Joyjobs. I am not advertising for them, just stating facts.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Google "english camp" and a region and you will find lots of summer opportunities. I would also head over to Daves ESl Cafe, usually a couple of summer english camp positions in China and Taiwan.