TieOnline & LiveTeacherRecruiting

Tech Savvy Guest

TieOnline & LiveTeacherRecruiting

Post by Tech Savvy Guest »

Before we know it, the cycle begins again in search of teachers for 2006/2007. In an effort to save money on both ends, do you feel more recruiters will begin looking at hiring teachers via TieOnline and LiveTeacherRecruiting rather than attending job fairs such as Search, ISS, etc.? We do live in a technologically advanced world, well, some parts and hopefully at each international school. :wink:

Input and experiences from recruiters/teachers would be helpful.
Happy teaching

Post by Happy teaching »

I sure hope so. Much as I love to travel, hauling my family accross the world to a job fair is a (costly) hassle. I would LOVE to hire via video conference, having made an initial connection on ITR or TIE. I am sure directors and heads of schools have a list of things they could do with the money earmarked for recruiting expenses too.

Wouldn't everyone be happier not spending thousands of dollars on getting a job??
Tech Savvy Guest

Post by Tech Savvy Guest »

I agree entirely. The amount of money we spend on traveling to London, Boston, etc. (and on registration, hotel accommodation, food) could be reinvested in buying a new computer (or two) with a camera. It wouldn't be difficult to have the school's IT guy or gal to help recruiters set up a computer for video conferencing. There's a handful of free downloadable software to assist us in this. Also, to be able to conduct a video conference shows that the candidate is able to handle basic computer technology of the 21st century, though it may not necessarily be pertinent to the job.