How goes Bangkok?

txteach

Post by txteach »

To be fair, Shadowjack said that honesty is the best policy in IT, not in general.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

So lie to your friends, family and spouse, but the trust of your boss/employer is sacred? Thats the position? Because admins and heads ALWAYS have their teachers best interests at heart? Have you seen the paid side of this site?
Yantantether

Post by Yantantether »

Thanks SJ. Good luck to you and your other half.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

PsyGuy - better not to lie to anybody, isn't it? Not because the boss/employer is sacred, but because of core values. Simple as that.

Admin and heads have their own agendas, but I still believe honesty is the best policy.

You are entitled to your own opinion; however, I know that personally, even if my dream was to go teach in Japan, or wherever, I would not lie on my Search application - I would use the internet and other sources to locate schools in Japan and apply directly - god, even fly directly to the schools I really wanted.

Again, just stating my opinion. For me.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Where where you when Diogenes and Lot were looking for their honest man?

No no its not, Words are cheap, and lying is far better a policy when the consequences of the truth are negative and the outcomes of the lie are positive. Like any social skill if you want to be good at it you have to practice when the risks of error are low.

Are you saying youve NEVER lied ever, ever, ever in your entire life?
If it wasnt for lying id have no "social" life and zero relationships.
momentofclarity

Re: Comment

Post by momentofclarity »

[quote="PsyGuy"]If it wasnt for lying id have no "social" life and zero relationships.[/quote]

That is one of the saddest things I have read on these boards.
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="momentofclarity"][quote="PsyGuy"]If it wasnt for lying id have no "social" life and zero relationships.[/quote]

That is one of the saddest things I have read on these boards.[/quote]
------------------------------------------
And ironically, painfully honest (I'm assuming).
Redvaldo

Post by Redvaldo »

[quote="wrldtrvlr123"][quote="momentofclarity"][quote="PsyGuy"]If it wasnt for lying id have no "social" life and zero relationships.[/quote]

That is one of the saddest things I have read on these boards.[/quote]
------------------------------------------
And ironically, painfully honest (I'm assuming).[/quote]

Social life...relationships? must be lying again :D
sevarem

Post by sevarem »

Can we please refrain from letting PsyGuy hijack ANOTHER thread with his ridiculous drivel? This is ridiculous to the point of frustration. The adults are trying to have a conversation.

So... how did others fare at Bangkok?

Based on what I saw, I'm hoping that if we stay at our school for the next few years (we're hoping to stay at least four, more if we really like it there), doors will really start to open up for us at the next job fair. We'll have that coveted IB experience that seems to be the key to moving up the ladder (or tiers).
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Yes the grownups are having a discussion, as opposed to waveing your arms trying to get attention like a 5th grader saying, "me, me, me, call on me, pay attention to me".

If my ridicules drivel bothers you, your free to ignoire it.

It really depends what you take away from those 4 years, and what you do there, you do well. Having a strong reference and IB experience is very likely and commonly going to make you more competitive at higher tier schools.