Good Schools/Cities for our kids

Teachermom

Post by Teachermom »

Whew! It's been a busy week of holiday prep...thanks for all your comments!

@sevarem: Thanks for the alternate opinion on Singapore. I've heard both sides from friends of mine, so yeah, we'll probably go check out the city this summer to see our take on it. I do love great museums and cultural events! :)

@Choirguy: Thanks for your recommendation on Bangkok...another city on my list to visit. Many who live there just love it! Would you be willing to post publicly a list of the schools that you would feel comfortable sending your daughter to there? If not, I'll email you for that list. What is it abut Beijing you don't like? Just the air pollution, or something else?

@hallier: I'll definitely take your recommendation for AISG into consideration. I've heard several people say that Guangzhou is a very livable city. I hadn't really considered any mainland China cities originally, but I'll put it on my list, now. I'm part of a teaching couple, not a single parent, but a great package is a great package. :)

Very helpful, everyone! Thanks!
ChoirGuy

Post by ChoirGuy »

Hi Teachermom,

I really can't answer that one in an unbiased way. I can tell you that for MY daughter, I would feel comfortable sending her to ISB and Patana in Bangkok. There are many other wonderful schools for certain types of students, and I'm sure that ISB and Patana have their issues as well, but it just seems I haven't heard as much about student issues at those two schools. Maybe I'm just out of the loop, though. If you daughter is a high academic achiever, send her to Shrewsbury; if an athlete, maybe try NIST; if a bit shy, try a smaller school like Regents; if you want the boarding experience, go Harrow. In all cases, it really depends on your daughter and what she will need in a school.

Here in Beijing, we've found what we wanted in a school for our older daughter, so we're willing to live in a city that doesn't quite suit us - the adults - yet.

If you have more specific questions, just e-mail and I'll try to answer.
hjayty

Post by hjayty »

Hi,

If you're looking in KL, I would also say to consider MKIS as it's definitely comparable to the schools you listed.
thetutor1

Re: Good Schools/Cities for our kids

Post by thetutor1 »

post removed - reviewing schools is not permitted on the Public Forum