Kuwait

CriticalThinker

Kuwait

Post by CriticalThinker »

Hi -- someone asked about teaching at AIS in Kuwait...I spent a number of years in Kuwait and found it to be a great experience. Did I have some bad days? Of course. But I have bad days in Canada, too.

As far as the remarks in the review section, please read between the lines and identify hidden agendas. The people who wrote most of that stuff have been pegged...and if they think that they have remained anonymous....well, they haven't. These people are complainers. They themselves want everything for doing very little. They are the ones who sit around and talk trash because their minds are so small they can't think of anything better to talk about...am I on a rant, yet??? You bet.

Many of these negative comments were made about really wonderful and kind people who tried hard (and are still trying) to improve the school. There are many wonderful people -- administrators, coordinators, teachers, students, and yes, even the owners -- the owners may not do business according to our way of doing business, but it is THEIR school. Ironically, many of the people who made these negative and unkind statements have remained at the school -- except perhaps one who is going to Oman (good luck -- her negativity will follow her wherever she goes) and the others in Pakistan. You must find your own way. Take the chance and make the experience the best you can wherever you are...or NOT. In the end, it doesn't really matter what nay-sayers say... your life is up to you. Good luck to you.
Past AIS Teacher

my time

Post by Past AIS Teacher »

Some people worked hard, were selfless workers for the better of the school, made precedent-setting accomplishments, and never bad-mouthed anyone.

Yet someone still had it out for them. It has happened.
Jeff Schneider

Shame.

Post by Jeff Schneider »

For someone so critical of others "hidden agendas" it seems the world has turned and now its ok to shout your agenda, but hide you identity. Shame on you, if for only incorrectly locating your home state of virginia in Canada. We missed you on the Carino's billboards.
hugs and kisses
Jeff Schneider
Honestly, I am more upset that you have stolen another minute of my life that i will never get back, since I had fortgotten you existed in the five minutes after you left. But then again, I had to teach your classes, write your final, and grade your tests, something that maybe you should have quote unquote "done" as a professional before going to all your farewell parties and leaving us in better hands. Good luck with future anonymous postings of an unprofessionally shameful manner.
Hugs and Kisses (thats right again)
Jeff Schneider
pps. see, i signed it twice!

Re: Shame.

Post by Guest »

Jeff Schneider wrote:For someone so critical of others "hidden agendas" it seems the world has turned and now its ok to shout your agenda, but hide you identity. Shame on you, if for only incorrectly locating your home state of virginia in Canada. We missed you on the Carino's billboards.
hugs and kisses
Jeff Schneider
Honestly, I am more upset that you have stolen another minute of my life that i will never get back, since I had fortgotten you existed in the five minutes after you left. But then again, I had to teach your classes, write your final, and grade your tests, something that maybe you should have quote unquote "done" as a professional before going to all your farewell parties and leaving us in better hands. Good luck with future anonymous postings of an unprofessionally shameful manner.
Hugs and Kisses (thats right again)
Jeff Schneider
pps. see, i signed it twice!
:( you sound very angry.
da3boyzs

Post by da3boyzs »

I have worked at AIS for many years. I found that the MAIN problem and I mean MAIN problem are the owners. The administrators and other teachers were great. Of course their will be people who don't carry their weight but isn't that true about any place??? The owners are corrupt especially Badri. What he did last year regarding health insurance was unethical. How does one read between the lines when your referring to a problem like that?
CriticalThinker

Hey Schneider -- I've waited all year to send this. You want to know who I really am? Email me at sexy princess1962 @ yahoo com. Here's a clue: don't confuse "1962" with a year; it has a different meaning. Here's another clue: I still work in Kuwait and was closer than you thought; I had my own agenda. Glad you won't be here next year; your first guess was incorrect; but I'll give da3boyz her due - the insurance issue was unethical - my bad; but it was resolved this past year; and finally people don't get promoted just because they're from Moose Jaw; they get promoted because they work hard - guess that excludes you. Cheerio!
da3boyzs

Post by da3boyzs »

Hey Jeff, I know who you are talking about, hehe.
jeffofarabia

Post by jeffofarabia »

Schneider was a great guy. AISK will miss him next year. So Critical thinker: why did you attack me by name last year? I am another Jeff.
jschnei2

dear 60's princess

Post by jschnei2 »

Don't color me shocked if you are from Canada, and not, in fact, from Virginia -- but do color me dissapointed that TWICE you can't sign your name to a document. Good luck with all those "hard" working moosejavians next year. (if, indeed, this is not the virginian i still suspect it is) Has our Moosejaw admin put in fire alarms that can be heard throughout the school yet? They've known about the safety issue for about A YEAR now... but they're working hard to fix it I'm sure.
Have they worked hard enough that we have a protocol for RAMADAN yet? or will we once again (twice in two years) BE SURPRISED by that YEARLY EVENT? I could keep going on how hard our Moosejaw friends are working, but do they really work hard and get promoted, or are they too busy galavanting around Europe instead of teaching? Do they get promoted because they work hard, or do they get promoted because most people NOT from Moosejaw leave the school in disgust, and they magically have "seniority" (read:one year at the school and no experience).
I'd love to give you the numbers run down on internal Moosejaw promotions, but I suspect you know them cold allready. ( By the way if you think I feel jilted over no promotion, I'm 24 without a teacher cert -- do you think I honestly expected one?

the best part of moving to a new school is that I'll never have to deal with the old one again.

now, if you'll permit me, this is how you SHOULD sign a post here --
Jeff Schneider

feel free to email me -- if you are working at our school you should have the address.
jeffofarabia

Post by jeffofarabia »

that is the schneider i am talking about! we already miss you in kuwait. as for the secret identity of the canadian in question, i think i have figured it out. i will not say the name. but i will present you with a scenario.

Attempted humor in the form of a quotation (obviously fake):

"I was in Thailand and I fell off a waterfall. So I had to wear an armsling for a few weeks, not because I was really hurt, which I wasn't, but because it was covering up my new enlarged busom."

Sound familiar?
CriticalThinker

Schneider, still wrong! tHe! tHe! tHe! You bad.

Poor moosejawvians. Too bad we aren't perfect like you.

da3boysz, I know you too.

JeffofArabia, I didn't attack you last year.

da3boysz and JeffofArabia, how prosaic.
miski

Post by miski »

oo
Last edited by miski on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
da3boyzs

Post by da3boyzs »

Critical Thinker, blah, blah, blah, I know who I am too. Kelly Boone, no big secret since my user name is "Da3boyzs." I guess the real question would be, who are you???? Believe me I'll loose no sleep over it either. I have a suspicion though, but feel Jeffodarabia is way off or is he????
jeffofarabia

Post by jeffofarabia »

for the record, i have never attacked the moosejavians. on the surface you could say there is a bit of nepotism here at my school, but i feel the current leadership is very effective. a lot of them are from the same small town in canada, but so what. i have a list of teachers i would love to hire for leadership roles from places i have taught. if i am ever have a chance i will hire them. and it will be a good decision.

kelly boone, i didn't guess it was you (never knew how many boys you had). how is trevor?
miski

Post by miski »

Jeff- what school ? Can you do me a good deal on salary + discount for two kids???!