Time for Change.

ajedigecko

Time for Change.

Post by ajedigecko »

Hello...I have been searching many sites to gain information, and this is the site I keep returning to.

I hope to take my family to South Korea and begin a new chapter in our career.

Me: 13 years in Math - PE - Elementary - Master's in Curriculum and Instruction.

Wife: 15 years in Graphic Design - Painting - Master's in Art Ed.

Daughter: 5th grade

.....leaving Kansas.

Hoping to begin conversation with individuals who have or are currently teaching in Seoul.
WeDoDude

Post by WeDoDude »

Check out DoDEA.edu, we're the Department of Defense school district for overseas defendants of active duty military, DoD and contractors, apply now and get all your ducks in a row.
PsyGuy

Hello

Post by PsyGuy »

Welcome to the forum.

What more precisely are you asking about?
ajedigecko

Post by ajedigecko »

I have been in a public school setting, my entire career. A close friend is currently employed at Seoul Foreign School and has been recruiting us for the past 5 years to look at teaching in Korea.

We would tell him each time...."we like our simple Kansas life"

Our life goals have changed this past year. We now would like to live small and save, save, save. As our goals are now to teach for the next decade and retire at 50 and 47, God willing our health remains good.

The Director of Human Resources has informed us that our information has been passed on to HS and MS principals and look forward to meeting with us at the UNI Fair.

Thank you, for the DoD idea. I will look into that option as well.
ajedigecko

Post by ajedigecko »

Can you inform me of the path that lead you to DoD schools? Thank you, in advance.