Peterson Schools, Mexico City

sonyacita

Peterson Schools, Mexico City

Post by sonyacita »

I'm wondering if anyone here has worked at the Peterson Schools in Mexico City. It's a school I am interested in and there aren't any reviews posted. Thanks in advance for any information you are able to share.
chilagringa

Post by chilagringa »

I don't personally know anyone who works there, but it's probably pretty similar to the place I used to work in Mexico City, since they are usually lumped together in more or less the same category. Things I would consider:

1) It's not really an international school per se, it's more a bilingual school for rich locals. This is OK, just keep it in mind. Students of this class can be bratty, but just like any kids they can be great once you forge a positive relationship with them.

2) All the locations of Peterson suck. You'd be looking at a long commute whichever campus you choose, unless it's the one in Lomas but that's just for preschool and kindergarten. But a long commute is pretty normal in Mexico.

3) I'm not sure how they pay at Peterson. As a single person, I wouldn't take anything in Mexico City less than, say, 25,000 pesos/month unless you don't want or need any significant savings.