international school frankfurt

kobold

international school frankfurt

Post by kobold »

Hi could somebody help me in choosing an int'l school in frankfurt, germany pls? Many thanks.
Kryptik

many are good but avoid...

Post by Kryptik »

The Sabis system one.
Kryptik

ooops

Post by Kryptik »

That reads all wrong if you don't read the subject first.
Meant to say: avoid the Sabis system school .
IrishArab

International School Frankfurt

Post by IrishArab »

Kryptik, why do you say to avoid the SABIS school in Frankfurt? Have you taught there? Has your child been a student there? Well, I have taught there and I had a wonderful experience with them. I was always paid on time and I had a generous sick day allowance. The curriculum was planned and I knew what I needed to teach and was guided well in how to teach it. I had many successful students pass my classes - and these classes were not easy. That is what parents pay for - an outstanding education for their children.

kobold - if you want to 'run your own classroom' then the SABIS school is not for you, but if you want to teach children who will learn from you and go on to college, then I suggest that you look into the International School of Frankfurt. It is a tough, college preparatory school and they expect you to produce college ready students, so if that is what you can do, then you should go for it.

Best of luck to you.
been there

Post by been there »

I am presently teaching in a Sabis school system and I would never subject my own child to this system. Materials and resources are very poor both for the teacher and for the child. People who teach do not have to be qualified teachers. Creativity is non-existant. As for sick days, it (in the contract) says we have 30. Well you have to go through all kinds of hoops to get to use 1 day. It also says you can get a leave. Well the fact is you can't if the director says you can't. I usually like to be proud of the school where I work. In this instance I am simply trying to make the kids have a good learning experience in spite of it all.
IrishArab

Post by IrishArab »

Hi Been There,

Which SABIS school are you working at?? I have never heard of such treatment! I have had nothing but positive experiences with the two schools that I have worked at.

Please feel free to email me. I hope to help you.

betsywojtek@yahoo.com
Something fishy here

Post by Something fishy here »

The comments of "IrishArab" on the other BB "International School of Choueifat, Abu Dhabi" doesn't seem consistent with the cmments here. AND with 21 years internationally in 5 schools / countries with hundreds of colleagues, I have NEVER heard a positive comment about a Sabis school ...

mmm.........