ACS Doha?

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@lifeisnotsobad

Your going to keep having issues with me then. Respect is earned, not given, and the region, and culture that predominates has not earned my respect. I have VERY correct information and experience about the school and region, we just dont share the same opinion. I am doing a good service to those teachers that might be defrauded by the "sales pitch".
IAMBOG

Post by IAMBOG »

As you say, respect is earned, not given. The majority of posters on this board don't believe what you say (or at least are sceptical), because much of what you write is opinion dressed up as fact, half truths or so generic it could apply to nearly any school in the world. There is also an underlying "me, me, me, I, I, I" attitude to most of what you write, that makes you sound like a fifteen year old.

It's a shame, because you clearly are knowledgeable in some areas, but because you continually overstretch yourself, everything you write is tainted by scepticism.
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

PsyGuy, you state that ACS Doha "have a lot of vacancies because they have a lot of turnover". The implications of such a statement are obvious.

The school is one year old...a teacher working there informs us that "turnover is very low, there are many jobs listed because as stated in another post the school is expanding."

Perhaps you can explain to me where opinion plays any role here. Your 'facts' are incorrect. You are the fraud (on so many different levels) and you are a danger to a new school such as this. Please don't do it. Incidentally, I believe that respect has to be lost rather than earned. It is a different starting point.

You are right about one thing...I am going to continue to have issues with you.
PsyGuy

Not buying it

Post by PsyGuy »

I do not concur with the other posters claims of "increased expansion". Its high turnover, a number of teachers are/were very unhappy, and with the first year, and arent returning. There is some minor,expansion at the school but not enough to justify the hiring they are advertising for.

The real issue is "why" the turnover? While I didnt discuss this in my earlier post. I strongly feel that its just a new school working through its startup. Its not a bad school yet (well see how they respond to and what they learn from this year), its just a new school, and every new school has a learning period to go through.
Dunany

Post by Dunany »

OMG.....PsyGuy....I am currently sitting at my desk before work at ACS Doha. The elementary classes are doubling this year, hence the need for new teachers. There will be a new grade 9 next year, hence the need for new teachers. This is not "minor expansion". There are 4 teachers leaving this year for various reasons......4......very low turnover. The school is a very pleasant place to work, you are provided with a laptop and iphone, teachers are valued and trusted here. The bottom line PsyGuy is that you may be doing damage....your comments about ACS have nothing to do with "opinion" and everything to do with misinformation.
PsyGuy

That's it

Post by PsyGuy »

Thats the best you could think of, teachers get a laptop and iPhone? Not selling me, my count is closer to 9 teachers. You have minor expansion, The new grade is really your only expansion, your primary attrition rates are high.

Let me bottom line it, your school is in transition, teachers going into your school need to appreciate that in a school. How you do next year is going to significantly determine your schools reputation. My advice is you need to overcome some major organization challenges. I wouldnt work at your school, and wouldn't recommend it. Some people like working startups thats their thing.

Postal Script:

Teachers that are paid well can buy their own laptops and iPhones.
Dunany

Post by Dunany »

Bottom line....you don't know what you are talking about.
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

Dear Dunany,

Thank you for letting us know the real picture at ACS Doha. To be honest I wouldn't feel the need to indulge PsyGuy any further.

My first reaction to this post from PsyGuy was to wonder why on earth ISR would allow this to remain...why doesn't the moderator do something about it. However, after reflecting further on this I realized that it would be far more powerful to actually withdraw his right to edit or delete his posts on this thread. In his comments about ACS he has been exposed for a (malicious) fraud more explicitly than at any other point during his contributions to this website. After all, nobody really cared whether he was in Sydney or not. However, I hope that every member of this forum, and particularly anyone who has in the past spoken up in defense of 'team PsyGuy', reads his contribution here.

I also hope that everybody recognises that what we are dealing with is more than a little sad. PsyGuy...honestly buddy, I think you need to seek help.
Dunany

Post by Dunany »

Thanks lifeisnotsobad.....don't worry I'm done.
PsyGuy

Sorry

Post by PsyGuy »

I hope they read it as well. I always know when I'm right when opposing speakers resort to ad hominem attacks or they distract from the topic at hand. Poor rhetoric and weak oratory do not make strong performance. When schools and heads stop making excuses and realize that teachers and the community cares about what you do and what happens not, what you wanted to happen, or what your best intentions, or your plethora of other excuses then teachers wont have to work in the background to bring the "real" schools into the light.
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

Dear PsyGuy,

Please don't confuse my message with that of Dunany. I believe Dunany was stating the truth about the school that he currently works at. It was completely 'on topic'. I don't believe he is the Head or making excuses, and he clearly cares about the school and community in which he works.

Mine is that you need help...which admittedly may be off topic...
PsyGuy

Well

Post by PsyGuy »

Many things are true, including that many people disagree on what is true.
Chris2511

Post by Chris2511 »

PsyGuy.. What an arrogant prick you are.... There is someone working at the school explaining what the situation actually is, and you are still at it making more of a dick of yourself! Give it a rest and keep out of their peoples business when you clearly don't know what's going on! How annoying are you.....
PsyGuy

Sorry

Post by PsyGuy »

Not buying it. Theres an ADMIN explaining how things are at their school. My information differs, and i believe it to be more valid then the "other poster".

Postal Script:

Ive been called worse.
Walter

Oh dear

Post by Walter »

Postal Script:

Ive been called worse.

Post postal script:

Why is this not a surprise?