Psyguy: Open Letter #2

lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

@fke,

Exactly right...so we agree...it is an open forum...so I am allowed to challenge PsyGuy when he is clearly wrong, unethical or offensive. Similarly...if a whole group of people happen to feel the same way then we are at liberty to express our opinions.

@mantissa,

"I am just against open attacks of any sort"...this is an interesting web site to visit with that particular viewpoint.
fke

Post by fke »

Um. Yes, and open forum means you can write what you want against psyguy. But. starting and restarting and (when it dies down) reposting on a thread AGAINST a poster seems like a pretty aggressive thing to do. Wish people would just chill.
tgrear2008

Post by tgrear2008 »

Did anyone read psyguy's post on "what to bring...what not to bring?" It was long, detailed, and informative. I'm glad he took the time to write it.

What I don't want to see is a bunch of crybabies. If you got a problem, YOU stop posting, YOU stop reading. This is the internet- people are going to say things that you don't like. If some newbie makes a bad choice based on bad information and their lack of checking sources- too bad, so sad, love dad.
Dunany

Post by Dunany »

[quote="tgrear2008"]

If some newbie makes a bad choice based on bad information and their lack of checking sources- too bad, so sad, love dad.[/quote]

Wow, is that really how you feel? I am not a "cry baby", but I will not sit by while "information" is given about schools is just plain false. I have been teaching internationally for 17 years and have had a range of experiences, I do feel an obligation to help others make a most informed choice. I don't see how that is whining and complaining.
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

@tgrear2008

I think you perhaps you are on the wrong site...the ISR statement on entry to this website is:

"Don't leave your career to chance...international teachers keeping each other informed"
tgrear2008

Post by tgrear2008 »

That's also why members pay money to read the reviews. The forum, however, is open to anyone.

@Dunany- You're a veteran, so post when you think it is appropriate. I'm sure everyone will appreciate it.

I encourage anyone with information contrary to psyguy's perspective to type it up and post. When I get more years under my belt, I'll be able to contribute more. Right now, all I can speak on is Korea.

Criticize the message, not the messenger. Do we really need 2 "open letters to ISR about psyguy" posts?
Dunany

Post by Dunany »

Thanks for the previous post.... i just want teachers to make an informed choice...whoever posts something that I know is wrong, from first hand experience I will try and clarify.
PsyGuy

Hear hear

Post by PsyGuy »

I feel the exact same way.