DODDS Hiring Question

PsyGuy

responses

Post by PsyGuy »

@dutchschultz

Which is why I wrote its a whole separate thread and issue. I am not a global property agent. While the couple is interested in Sk and Japan, and they could own property there Japan is much, much harder.

@autumnrain

DoDDS isnt expanding in Europe. 2 schools closed in germany this year and more are slated for closure. The growth at some schools is simply absorbing the excess teachers/students, meaning less vacancies for CONUS hires. The european mission is overall shrinking, meaning lower overall enrollments.
No one knows what will happen in SK, those schools arent being staffed until 2014, and short of a very accurate crystal ball, no one can predict what will happen. Thats one of the problems with buying as well. If your school/bases closes and you get excessed and then have to be transfered your stuck with a house you cant live in (even if you stay in europe, you wont be local anymore).
anon

Post by anon »

@ autumnrain
Yep, you sure created a lively thread!

@WeDoDude
OK...Applications completed (our part). Now the waiting game. We sent an e-mail and asked to be considered for SY12/13. Maybe my SPED endorsements will be in high demand.
So, will there be a chance they will look at the aps for this coming year?

Although we like our present district/jobs, a friend of ours just commented, "It's hard to stay down on the farm once you've seen Paree!"
ringler24

Post by ringler24 »

Anon- Can you post here if you hear anything from them RE 2012/2013? I sent a similar email as I'm your same boat and was asked by them to change my application date to this year. I responded and the request in my file was removed but no idea if they are going to consider my application or not. I guess we're both in wait and see mode! Good luck to you!
PsyGuy

IF

Post by PsyGuy »

IF you are determined qualified in SPED, regardless of year your application will be reviewed. it is likely to receive considerable interest.
ringler24

Post by ringler24 »

What about ESL? I know I've mentioned already they qualified me despite missing the application deadline. However under Status there is no checkmark for "Certifiactes verified and in file". What does that mean?
mathteacher

Post by mathteacher »

[quote="ringler24"]What about ESL? I know I've mentioned already they qualified me despite missing the application deadline. However under Status there is no checkmark for "Certifiactes verified and in file". What does that mean?[/quote]

I would contact the DODEA office in VA by phone and see what they can do about getting that box checked off. I called them last week asking some questions about my application. I just finished my application this week, and the guy I spoke to said my application would still be considered for this year.
ringler24

Post by ringler24 »

Thanks!
anon

Post by anon »

@ringler
Yes, will post any news...
How did you change your application to SY2012-2013?
The drop down box has only 2013-2014 or 2014-2015.

@PsyGuy
Yes, degeed and certified...presently teaching Special Programs for students with multiple and moderate to severe disabilities...

So, I guess I/we will call tomorrow and see if we can be sure to be considered.

Thanks, All!
ringler24

Post by ringler24 »

Anon- No I haven't. I'm in your same boat with no ability to select 2012/2013. I did select a date this summer under availability but need to make the same phone call you will be. I'll post here if I'm told anything helpful.
anon

Post by anon »

@ringler24

Yes, we posted available this summer as well.

All the best...
anon

Post by anon »

Hello...
Made the call to DoDEA.
I asked if my application could be changed/considered for SY2012-2013.
I was told the application deadline is over and new applications will be considered for the next year. I asked if Special Educators might be considered. The answer was no...the application quota is filled, and no other applications will be considered.
I asked and said, "To be clear -- there is no chance my application will be considered?" Answer -- "Correct."

Well, darn! If anyone hears anything else, please post. Sometimes (as we know) it does matter who you talk to.
ringler24

Post by ringler24 »

@Anon- I was told the same just now.
PsyGuy

OK

Post by PsyGuy »

No check mark next to certificate verified and on file means they havent checked your certificate against your states online virtual certificate, to "really" make sure you really are certified.

Well the "No you wont be considered" is the offical line, but unofficially with the demand they have, you may very well be looked at for a SPED position, its happened in the past. You have to expect them to give you the official line, they have a job and boss too.
anon

Post by anon »

@PsyGuy
Thanks. I cut the post to the bare bones of the conversation...it was pleasant, but direct.

We are certainly open to an interview/offer, but are anticipating that the following year is more likely.

We're young, we'll adjust... :lol:
anon

Small window for some...

Post by anon »

Another call was made to DoDEA today.

Applications submitted after May 1st will be considered for next year (SY 13/14).

If high needs positions cannot be filled from this year's pool, applications past the deadline will be looked at.

Cheers!