Advice/tips regarding Skype interview PLEASE

missy

Advice/tips regarding Skype interview PLEASE

Post by missy »

I have never done a Skype cam interview and
am a little nervous about the camera/video part.

Does anyone care to share some helpful
advice/tips regarding
having a successul Skype cam interview ?
Mr.Cake

Post by Mr.Cake »

This link was posted recently, may have been here I can't remember; useful though...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162- ... ncol;lst;2
PsyGuy

Past Post

Post by PsyGuy »

There was a pretty complete post on this back in January that you may want to look at, as it addresses the issue pretty well.

http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... ight=skype
missy

Thank-you !

Post by missy »

Thanks to the both of you....
those tips were very helpful.

I also did a little Googling and found lots of
advice....
stirdaddy

Post by stirdaddy »

Man, skype is the way to go! The great advantage of skype is that you can have all manner of notes, etc, already prepared and sitting in front of you (as opposed to an in-person interview where you are expected to sit there with your hands folded in your lap). I just got a great job in Ankara via skype. It seems to me that the secret is to be super prepared for the interview:

-Go through the school's website and take notes: during the interview you will impress your interlocutor with your knowledge of the school
-The most important part of an interview is when you are asked, "So, do you have any questions for me?" The sophistication and breadth of your questions is a huge factor in your suitability as a candidate. Ask about peer support; about how you can contribute to the school outside of class; all kinds of stuff like that.

Point is, with skype, you can have all these notes prepared and sitting in front of you, just like the interviewers. It allows you to be more prepared, and in an equal position.
liketotravel

Post by liketotravel »

I like what the above post says. I just add a personal touch and don't wear pants during the interview.