Singapore tier 2

inman

Singapore tier 2

Post by inman »

Hi, I’ve been looking at Singapore quite a lot and would appreciate any comments about the packages expected over there.

There are clearly a lot of schools there and varying in quality and employment packages. The top tier schools are spoken about quite a lot but others not so much, so for say an upper tier 2 school, what kind of packages can be expected regarding salary (before and after tax), housing and other benefits?

In your opinion, which schools would fit in to tier 2 in Singapore?

Finally, does anyone have any up to date information about Etonhouse Broadrick?

I appreciate any comments you may have.

Regards,

Inman
Nomadic Teacher

Post by Nomadic Teacher »

Hi inman,

You will need to expect about 5000 singapore dollars per month salary + 2000 singapore dollars for housing per month. Some schools pay more, some less, some give bonuses, some don't.

Etonhouse is ok pay but not a great rep. Tier 2 schools are; ISS, Chatsworth, Nexus, Etonhouse, One World, Dovercourt and a few others which I can't think of!

Basically you need at least 7000 singapore dollars per month including housing to enjoy it. Top tier schools pay as much as 8000 per month salary plus 4000 housing plus other bonuses.

This is all before tax, which is 8%.

Hope this helps.
PsyGuy

Singapore

Post by PsyGuy »

I pretty much agree with Nomad, the differences aren't significant really. You need about 5000 SGD AFTER taxes to make due in Singapore. Id say you need closer to 8000 AFTER taxes to really do well. Most people don't really do WELL in Singapore, they underestimate how expensive it is, and the reality that there really isn't anything to do in Singapore outside shopping...