How do you do it?

?

How do you do it?

Post by ? »

How do you keep your teaching credentials/certification current when not teaching in the States? Or do schools accept that at some point your teaching certification will expire?

Thank you for your help!! :)

how do you do it?

Post by 56 »

I am certified in Oregon. When it is time for my renewal, I simply renew. I have to get my current school to fill out some papers for me, but that is not too hard. Oregon has a continuing education condition, but I am exempt since I am teaching outside of the country. So, check with your accrediting state to see what you have to do as an international educator to renew. I would strongly advise against letting your credential lapse since most accredited international schools require their teachers to be certified.

Post by Guest »

I would agree that you do NOT want to let your certification lapse. I mean, at some point you might want or need to come back to the states and then what would you do? Continuing education credits are easily come by through online courses or conferences, if your state doesn't waive the requirement for overseas teachers. I hadn't heard of that before, but I am definitely going to check into it!