Seoul International School

grateful2

Seoul International School

Post by grateful2 »

Does anyone have any experience, thoughts, comments about Seoul International School? TIA
gr8teach

Post by gr8teach »

I have a friend who works there and loves it.

He says it is a property school but the school makes large investments in both the teachers and the facilities. The school helps people towards a masters (Framing-ham State University) through the school and they have provided him with some nice perks such as a mac book pro.

The school though is located about a 40 minute subway ride from downtown Seoul. Thus he says he spends little time in the city itself. He also mentioned a lot of the staff are married with kids so it limits the amount he goes out.
It works very well for him but he says he could see how it may be difficult for some.
peelish

Seoul International School is great!

Post by peelish »

My wife and I work at SIS. It is a great place to work for both singles and families. (only with young kids. I wouldn't come here with kids upper elementary above. The school is almost exclusively Koreans and it is hard for older kids to integrate.) We have a friendly community and a great Supt. who just took over this year. The package is great. Forced savings each year is over $10,000 for a single and $20,000 for a couple. On top of that half the base salary-well over $20,000 is sent home each year. There are many other ways to earn money as well.

The singles have an active life and Seoul and our community are very family-friendly. While no school is perfect, this is a great place to be.