Anybody getting a raise out there?

matt

Anybody getting a raise out there?

Post by matt »

Checking in with all of you out there around the world and seeing how salary increases compare for next year. We received ZERO for next year. Pretty gloomy news and bound to have quite an adverse effect on staff morale. Does anybody else know about their contract increase for 2012-2013?
PsyGuy

My end

Post by PsyGuy »

My old school in Italy isn't giving an increase, over the current experience steps already in place (no big surprise there).

My school here in Denmark hasn't released any info yet, but there hasn't been a raise for a couple of years, and no ones expecting one this year.
msteachkids

Post by msteachkids »

We just got new contracts with about an 8% pay raise and increases in housing allowance and utilities as well.
kfssbjj

No Raises

Post by kfssbjj »

I come from California where there are no jobs....
I worked in Aerospace where there were no raise and very few jobs.

No raises at your school......I know a lot of people who would love to have that problem. Be happy you have a job.
hallier

Post by hallier »

Hey MSteachkids ... where are you working? That is a really nice pay rise!

Most schools in recent years are keeping pay rises to 1-2%. Really minimal.

Given most schools source their teachers from the US, this is not surprising. After all, there is so much unemployment there and teacher salaries seem really low.

A colleague returned home to work in a charter school in the US - his pay is half what he was getting in his old international school.
msteachkids

Post by msteachkids »

I am in SE Asia.
frees1spirit

Post by frees1spirit »

deleted
Last edited by frees1spirit on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
matt

Raises

Post by matt »

@ KFSSBJJ . . . I AM very happy that I have a job, and one that I love. But because of the current conditions in the U.S., does that mean I should stop expecting my school to give me a nominal raise to keep up with the cost of living? I starting working overseas because it's so different from U.S. public schools. So stop comparing apples to oranges. And if you know a lot of people who would love to have that problem then tell them to register for the next job fair. The market is still excellent for getting a job overseas.

@msteachkids . . . Congrats! Good for you. Must be in China.
SKMNVMAH

Post by SKMNVMAH »

We got one for the second year in a row
gallo18

Post by gallo18 »

22% raise last year, with similar increases in housing. Where I am, in a little corner of SE Asia, costs are rising dramatically. Do not expect the same this year, will probably be around 10%.
mysharona

Post by mysharona »

4+% here in our little corner of China plus a bump in housing