Upcoming Tsunami...

Android

Post by Android »

Despite the tsunami in March, the numerous earthquakes, the nuclear meltdown, foreigners have flocked out but flocked back in. The international schools are not affected much. Some students have left due to parents' paranoia or fear ( rightfully so )....but for the most part, it didn't do much to damage the enrolment that teachers had to be cut. Many of the teachers have remained....and Japan (esp. Tokyo) is just as competitive as before.

Your friend may be in for some competition...as usual, with the case of Japan.
southeast asia

jobs in Japan

Post by southeast asia »

I completely DISAGREE with psyguy, foreigners in Japan are leaving all over the country as they sort their lives out post-tsunami. Schools lost people in the immediate aftermath and many teachers are choosing to whether to stay or go. I have worked at some schools in Tokyo over many years, know administrators...and I know that they are already posting jobs for next year on Search.

There will be more jobs available, but at certain schools, the salary and benefits are so good that people won't necessarily leave. It depends on the school quality, but unless it is the top, yes many people are leaving.