Advice would be highly appreciated!

sasha

Recruiting Advice

Post by sasha »

Hello PsyGuy,

I would appreciate it if you would contact me directly so we don't have to put up with this group of skeptics. I've been reading your posts for some time and joined today just to get in touch with you. I'm hoping you can help with my recruiting situation. It's rather on the personal side and I would prefer not to discuss it in public. From your posts I think you are the person to offer some valuable advice. Please write to me at sashamarshall331@gmail.com Thanks very much in advance.
ichiro

Post by ichiro »

deleted
Last edited by ichiro on Sat May 05, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mantissa

Post by mantissa »

Everything that people say here is highly subjective. and even though I found some things in Psyguy's posts to be very helpful, you have to remember that its just his opinion and its not how things are necessarily. He does sound very convincing at times and he certainly has time to write such lengthy responses but this is what this forum is for, right?

As for London fair last year there were not a whole lot of jobs and a lot of very experienced (IB) teachers left it without jobs.. I would advise against it.
hogyorgy

Post by hogyorgy »

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post guys.
I think I fit Ichiro's bill. I have the "tall white american" look. It is great to hear that the accent might even benefit me.
Psyguy, I would definitely be interested in administration. My concern is ,that I only have a few months of experience. I have been the deputy of a private pre-school in England for 6 months, and been summer school director here in the States.
hogyorgy

Post by hogyorgy »

Would you still recommend going to the Cambridge fair if I went for admin positions as well? I mean, I want to be an administrator in he future- that's why I got the degree-, but I thought due to the lack of experience they would not even consider me for those positions. You sincerely think, that I would have a chance? As I understand you are an administrator, may I ask how many years did you have when you applied? How much more difficult to land an admin position at a jobfair, or through private application and interview, than a teaching position?
ichiro

Post by ichiro »

deleted
Last edited by ichiro on Sat May 05, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ichiro

Post by ichiro »

deleted
Last edited by ichiro on Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.