Advice would be highly appreciated!

hogyorgy

Advice would be highly appreciated!

Post by hogyorgy »

I just recently started thinking about trying out myself teaching at international schools. Last week I have submitted my application to Search Associates- I have no access to job listings yet, because the mail with the $200 check has not arrived to my associate yet.
I found this forum a couple of days ago and read some very useful information and thought you might be able to give me some advice, opinion.
About me:
I hold a Masters Degree in Ed. Leadership- graduated from an accredited US school.
I also have a Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education (English Major) from Hungary.
I have teacher licenses from Florida (K-6), England (K-6)and Hungary. (1-6) I am waiting on Florida state to mail me the Educational Leadership license- I'll have it in probably 1 month.
I am ESOL and ESE (K-12) certified.
I have 10 years teaching experience:
Hungary (2 yrs English teaching)
England (1 year in K )
North Carolina, USA (2 years in 1st grade)
Florida 5 years (2 years in 1st grade, 2 years as Reading Resource Teacher, and 1 year as 4th grade teacher teaching reading and writing)
All the schools I have worked at are public schools except for the one in England- that was private.
I am Hungarian, so not a native English speaker- my accent is not too strong.
Currently I am in Florida and as said before I would like to move on to an international position. What chances would I have at a job fair with my qualifications and experience? Would administrators consider me, or not being a native speaker would dent my chances a lot?
Please tell me what you guys think. Also if you could tell me about Search Associates, are they any good, are they reputable?
Another thing that I would like to ask is the Intl. school in Budapest. Has any of you been there? Would the school in Budapest pay for my housing? I am asking this, because I read they do not pay housing for locals, just for an "overseas-hire employee". In their policy handbook they define an "overseas-hire employee" as an employee who is recruited from abroad to work at the school. What do you think? I would be hired from overseas, but I am citizen of Hungary. Any ideas?
Your great insight is highly appreciated.
Thank you!
hogyorgy

Post by hogyorgy »

Thank you for the response. Hopefully I will get more answers and opinions to my question next time.
hogyorgy

Post by hogyorgy »

I am planning to go to the London fair. I am very hopeful and optimistic.
hogyorgy

Post by hogyorgy »

Since I did not know much about the San Francisco fair I thought the London fair would have been the most reasonable financial choice. Do you have any information on the fair in SF? Why is the Cambridge fair is "THE" fair? The amount and quality of schools attending?
Bkonality

Post by Bkonality »

It's really sad and pathetic that people would actually listen to a guy like Psyguy ( especially the newbies ).

I've watched this forum for a few years under different aliases and it has only been this year that I have seen a great amount of stupid, erroneous and offensive OPINIONS from someone who is supposedly an administrator but yet seems to have all the time in the world to dedicate to a forum under an anonymous name.

Just the other day, someone from QIS Kazakhstan asked him for advice...to which he replied, " I don't know much about the Middle East ". News flash : Kazakhstan is NOT in the Middle East!!! It's in Central Asia.
interteach

Post by interteach »

Deleted
Last edited by interteach on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.