IMPORTANT = THE Headmasters' Website

Nutella

IMPORTANT = THE Headmasters' Website

Post by Nutella »

I recently found a website( I did a google search) that seems to be used by headmasters in international schools. I think it would BENEFIT everyone in here to check it out. Also keep in mind that if this website exists, surely a director can join this International Schools Review website to keep tabs of what is occuring here, see what is written about them or see what teachers are posting. I would suggest that using a nickname would be to your best interest to protect your own identity when asking questions about a specific school.

I am posting this webiste for others to see:

http://www.academyish.org/index.htm

Article with tips for directors on how to hire a teacher:

http://www.academyish.org/_membersonly/ ... hiring.htm

Article on how directors proceed to fire a teacher:

http://www.academyish.org/_membersonly/ ... firing.htm
John

look at who is on the Board

Post by John »

I just looked at this website.
Teacher be very AWARE !!!

Check out who is listed on the Board :

Founding Members:
AISH says a special thanks to our founding members for your vision and financial support of $10,000 to start AISH on its way (see their photos):
Association of American Schools of South America (AASSA)
Bambi Betts/Forrest Broman
East Asia Regional Council of Overseas Schools (EARCOS)
European Council of International Schools (ECIS)
H2L2 Architects & Planners
International Schools Services (ISS)
John F. Magagna, founding Director of SEARCH Associates
Lehigh University
Littleford and Associates
Office of Overseas Schools/U.S. Department Of State (A/OS)
The International Educator (TIE)
The Principal Training Center for International School
Leadership (PTC)
TIECare Insurance
University of San Diego (USD)
W. A. Educational Services (Overseas) LTD-Walid Abushakra
John

Post by John »

Here is part of a statement I copied and pasted from this website made by their President :

"It is also clear from the feedback that matters related to School Governance remain a primary concern for Heads, and we shall continue to make this a priority. To ensure consistency with our Mission we shall also begin to give increased attention to the ?personal? side of Headship.

To this end, we hope to provide increased support to help Heads cope with the stresses, pressures and the human costs of handling one of the most demanding job anywhere. We intend to offer programs and services that will provide Heads with successful and proven ways of dealing with the multiple demands placed on us, and which, in the worst cases, can result in the erosion of our private lives and cause negative impact on our relationships with family and friends. Ways of coping with multiple, and sometimes conflicting demands, and withstanding unrelenting pressures will become an additional focus for AISH, and may be a good theme for the Summer Session in 2005."

-----------Hope this helps !
guest...

Post by guest... »

I have looked at this website, but I do not find anything too shocking about it. Is it possible to find out if you have been "blackballed" by it or if they have posted information about you at a particular school?
Anybody know?
Twice Burnt

Walid Abushakra - Ouch

Post by Twice Burnt »

I found it very interesting to find that W. A. Educational Services (Overseas) LTD-Walid Abushakra is a member of AISH. He is reviewed multiple times on the International Schools Review web site. Every review is very negative. In fact frightening!!! How can this man be a member of AISH. What a great way to masquerade as a good guy while leading unsuspecting teachers to the slaughter in the name of a dollar in your pocket. I recommend you read about this man on the site and then consider that he is a member of AISH.
Ann

AISH Website

Post by Ann »

Dear Readers,

I don't think the AISH website is negative. It is up to each individual person as to how they use the information. I just read the information on AISH's website on Best Practices:Teacher Dismissal/Non-renewal of a contract. I have been in 5 different international schools. Not one director used the procedures outlined by AISH for non-renewal of a teachers contract or to fire a teacher. Perhaps there are some heads that do, but I doubt there are many. This is one way heads get a bad reputation.

In regards to W.A. Abushakra being a founding member. I assume that AISH is a business and they will take anyones money. This is how he is allowed to be a member. This is no different than how ISS and Search operate. They are all a business.
Concerned

Re: Walid Abushakra - Ouch

Post by Concerned »

Yes I agree with you. Here is tyrant that has aligned himself with the good guys in an attempt to cover up for his real intentions. Be sure to read reviews of this man on the international schools review site.

Twice Burnt wrote:I found it very interesting to find that W. A. Educational Services (Overseas) LTD-Walid Abushakra is a member of AISH. He is reviewed multiple times on the International Schools Review web site. Every review is very negative. In fact frightening!!! How can this man be a member of AISH. What a great way to masquerade as a good guy while leading unsuspecting teachers to the slaughter in the name of a dollar in your pocket. I recommend you read about this man on the site and then consider that he is a member of AISH.