Mid Year Placements

natalielenina

Mid Year Placements

Post by natalielenina »

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if I could have your advice on my current teaching situation.

My fiancé and I both taught in Korea for 2 years and now we are back in the USA obtaining our teaching credentials. In May 2011, he will finish his MAT and be certified to teach art, elementary and special education. In December 2011, I will finish my MA TESOL program and be certified to teach ESOL K-12. I currently have a job teaching ESOL in the public schools because ESOL is such a high need area where we live.

What we really want to do is teach abroad in an international school somewhere in South East Asia or China. We DON’T want to go back to teaching in private language schools like we did in South Korea. Also....neither of us is thrilled about working for the US public schools and we are both dreading spending another year teaching here.

Are there mid year placements at international schools? When I graduate in December, what are our options? I need to decide now because I need to tell my school if I am continuing with them next year. Should we both take teaching jobs in the USA for the 2011-2012 school year just try for international schools for the 2012/13 school year?

Thank you!!!!!