Phuket International Academy

ajs9791

Phuket International Academy

Post by ajs9791 »

Does anyone have any info on this school? There's nothing in the review section.
mathgym

Post by mathgym »

It's a new school, just opened. It's on the northern end of the island, not too far from the airport. New facilities, K-8th grade, about 60-70 students.
Open Communication

I'm interested in this too

Post by Open Communication »

I'm interested in hearing anything about that school too. Have you heard anything ajs9791?
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

I applied to this school and noted my 25 years of experience in four areas. My Search rep emailed me soon after and said that while my experience is very desirable, they would see my age as a negative, and that they tend to hire much younger teachers (he's visited the school).
aussiechick

Post by aussiechick »

heyteach, I'm curious. Do you often hear from your Search associate after you put in applications?

Since I registered, I've emailed several schools with applications and have copied my Search associate on each one, as they've requested, but I've never heard anything from them with feedback on my application or any other comments.

Do other people ever hear from their associate - other than updates about the fair?
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

Hi, Aussie,

Yes, my representative gave me a lot of feedback in the beginning until I started to "get it." This has been my first experience with Search. He's always responded very quickly when I've had questions.

Search used to send me a confirmation whenever I applied for a position via their Web site, but according to my rep, they've been having problems with the server--going on at least a couple of months now--and I haven't got a confirmation in a while. It was making me nervous not knowing if the schools were receiving my apps (and, as we all know, they don't often respond or acknowledge receipt), but my rep dug through the pile and saw that they were indeed sent.

I've been pretty happy with Search so far, but I always wonder what else the reps do for us, if they actively promote us or what.
ajs9791

Post by ajs9791 »

Open Communication - I didn't end up applying.
Cooldude

Post by Cooldude »

Wow Heyteach - that is a heck of a lot better than ISS who grab your money and do nothing in return!
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

Cooldude, have you checked your Spam folder lately? I noticed on another thread you've not had any followup from ISS; perhaps their email is going into Spam.