Sam Caruso

Post by Sam Caruso »

I'm an experienced AP history teacher, very good creditentials, aand I'd like to know the possibilities of a fit, travel wise person of 60 finding a good job.

Re: age

Post by guest »

Sam Caruso wrote:I'm an experienced AP history teacher, very good creditentials, aand I'd like to know the possibilities of a fit, travel wise person of 60 finding a good job.

Be prepared to face discrimination.
blakesan

Post by blakesan »

Many schools welcome older teachers but some countries have age limits for allowing work permits. Asia and South America are fairly open except for Malaysia and Thailand. Some schools elsewhere have age limits, but many do not. It's something you do need to check in your application process. Good Luck!

Post by Guest »

I had a problem a few years ago when I was told at an ISS conference that I was too old to receive a work visa for the school I was interested in. This did turn out to be true as the country has restrictions. I'm 58 now and currently overseas. I've been over seas for 15 years. I plan to return to the ISS conference next year and find another school. Some years ago I worked in Pakistan with a couple in their mid sixties. They were more energetic and full of life than many of the younger teachers. My feeling is that if you are energetic and it shows, your age should be no problem to the director. But it is true that some countries will no issue a work permit to you after a certain age and you should look into this. Best of luck to you!!! Getting old has its drawbacks.