Kids at UNI

JISAlum

Kids at UNI

Post by JISAlum »

I've searched the forums for any information or suggestions for teachers who have to take kids to the UNI job fair. I found this thread:

http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... babysitter

and have taken it's suggestions of emailing the fair it's self.

However has anyone else taken kids? I've got an 8 year old and an 11 year old and trying to figure out logistics.

Thanks-
justlooking

Post by justlooking »

We went two years ago with a three year old. We posted an ad on the UNI college's job board and had many, many people apply for the babysitting job. Of course it was hard to trust someone you don't know, but I did check references and many of the students were early childhood or education majors- more than qualified.

If you're interested, I might even be able to find the email of the young lady we used. She was wonderful.

Of course your kids are a lot older. Can't they stay in the hotel room by themselves? I wouldn't take them to interviews, but we found recruiters wanted to meet our son outside of the official fair time.

Hope that helps.
JISAlum

Thanks

Post by JISAlum »

Thanks for the info. You're right, my kids are probably at the age where we can leave them alone in the room. I'm thinking we'll just leave them a cell phone. I was just wondering if any accommodations have been made by the fair. I'll see what they say.