QSI, N. Anglia: packages?

akoliska

QSI, N. Anglia: packages?

Post by akoliska »

Can anybody share any information about the packages offered by schools for either of these organizations? I have a friend who has told me horror stories about Sabis, but what about these two? I'd love to have some very recent information about specific posts/packages...
mathgym

Post by mathgym »

I work for QSI. I think the salary might be a bit less than other places, but they are very honest, always pay on time and our office staff is very helpful. My husband and I both teach at the school and we get housing, water, medical insurance, overseas allowance, shipping and annual plane tickets home. You can email me at lbfhaber@aol.com if you have other questions.
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

I have other issues with QSI but I would agree, QSI is pretty upfront and on time with their salary and benefit package.
akoliska

Post by akoliska »

Thanks! Overhere, could you tell me about the "other issues" you have with QSI? I want to hear the best and the worst...
puka2

Post by puka2 »

Everything for QSI is worldwide, so it can be difficult to see if the package is good or not for the location you are hired for. Do your own homework about local cost of living etc. Also no hardship is paid, so Bratislava and Dili have the same pay scale. They are very honest with contracts and $. Nothing hidden.
grumpyvb1

Post by grumpyvb1 »

I worked for QSI last year. I have had an awful experience with the company. It completely depends on who is your director at the school you are working for. Please let me know if I can help you further. I would hate for anyone to go through what I did.
puka2

Post by puka2 »

Sorry to hear that grumpy. You are right it is all the director. . Directors sign contracts on Dec. 15 and then they will do internal transfers and place new hires. Where were you, if you feel you can say.
grumpyvb1

Post by grumpyvb1 »

As of now, I don't feel comfortable saying, but you can email me if you'd like to know more.